Friday, May 07, 2010

a dress

I've been wanting to make the girls some dress (inexpensively). Unfortunately, it hasn't been top priority lately. I did, however, get one made for Caroline. It's made out of a men's dress shirt that I picked up at Goodwill. It could use some tweaking (the underarms are a little odd), but I think it turned out pretty well. And Caroline really likes it, so that's really what matters most.


I just couldn't resist putting up the picture with the funny face. It's much more interesting than the "normal" face in the other picture. :) And please ignore the fact that she's sticking her belly out. Kids...

5 comments:

jennjenn said...

I love it! Not that I would be able to ever do it, but how did you do the suckering stuff at the top?

JM said...

You could definitely do it! It's just elastic thread in the bobbin. I sewed about 15 rows side by side.

Elizabeth said...

cute!

Erin said...

cute! I love the face, too. she's looking so much older!

j.j. said...

very cool. I didn't even know about elastic thread....