Thursday, October 21, 2010

new paint for the playroom

For the last couple weeks I have been (slowly) working on painting our playroom. It's about the only place in the house that wasn't touched before we moved in. Well, we did put in new carpet and a new light, but that's about it. Here are a couple pictures from right after we moved in the house:



And here is a small picture showing the red curtains that were put up eventually.


I plan to get the curtains back up eventually (though maybe reworked a bit), and we hope to replace that fake brick panel (on the left in the picture). In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures after the painting:



I wish I could say that I'm done, but all the white still needs a second coat. This will have to do for a bit, though. I'm done for a while.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the updated look! Love the idea of a playroom! Would LOVE to get the girls' toys out of their rooms. Also, I need to hire uncle Norman to build us a puzzle rack -- we're in sore need! Great work, Jennifer!

Ldani said...

The new color looks great!

Erin said...

looks great! it's so much brighter!

Nana said...

Wow, Jennifer, what a difference that makes! Can't wait to see it all finished. What do the kids think about it

j.j. said...

Definitely a brighter, fresh and more updated look. Good work! A playroom sounds like a GREAT addition to a home. Wish we had one!