So, yesterday, I was telling Nathan that we were going this morning for the ultrasound. We talked about finding out whether the baby was a boy or a girl and I asked Nathan how we would know. His response was "Well, if it's a boy, it will be blue and if it's a girl, it will be pink." :) I don't know if he was referring to the baby itself or the picture, but I thought it was a cute answer.

So anyway, the ultrasound went well and as far as we know, everything looked normal. And...the gender of the baby is...a girl! We're excited. Now, I can start making some plans for the future...room sharing, furniture, washing newborn clothes, etc. Nathan is excited about having another little sister. I am sure that Caroline will have lots of fun having a sister who will be close in age as they grow up. Matt is already talking about he and Nathan being outnumbered. It's going to be a little strange actually getting to call the baby "she" and "her" instead of "it" before she's even born.
11 comments:
Yay!! I didn't know you would find out the gender...and that you would share it with us! This is not your typical MO, right?
How far apart will your girls be in age? L and L are 25 months, and even though they are still young, I can already see how much they enjoy playing together etc. I never had a sister (obviously!) and was happy that these two would have each other.
Congrats to all!
p.s. that was really cute about the color/gender!
We did not find out with the other two. But I think I would have been too stressed without being able to do some planning. And we had to let people know because I would have used the correct gender pronoun anyway. If she comes on her due date, they will be 25.5 months apart...or so.
wow! I was not expecting to find out whether I was getting a new niece or nephew until he or she arrived. what a surprise! looking forward to meeting her!
Yay! So exciting! I'm sure she will be as beautiful at Nathan & Caroline. And thank you for letting us know she's a she!
Yay! What a nice surprise.
Woohoo! After the title, I was NOT expecting a gender announcement. Nathan is so creative in his reasoning! I'm glad kids can come up with cute ways to answer some possibly tough questions! :-)
Nathan's mind never stops. It reminds me of the movie Kindergarten Cop where that little boy kept saying, "Boys have penises, girls have vaginas!"
Yay!! for a little girl. Nathan will have his work cut out for him with two little sisters adoring him.
FYI...we did later talk about how we would REALLY know if the baby was a boy or a girl. Nathan is educated on male anatomy...and girls don't have one.
I think that's an excellent way to explain it.
Oh, and those bows are so cute. I wonder if his next little sister will be so willing for experimental hair styles.
I think I need some advice in that area! Even now Kate is VERY curious about what everything is. Today I told her that my "bra" was just underwear & she didn't buy it for a second. She pointed to real underwear & said, "That's underwear!" I want to be straightforward & honest, but I don't want to arm my children with words that they'll just use inappropriately in front of other people! So, right now we've got underwear, for the babies, and buns. I'm guessing that after baby #2 I'll have a lot more questions to answer!
Hmm...I think that may call for an email. :)
Post a Comment