Here is what I am thinking at the moment (all thoughts appreciated - especially from those of you who are gifted in this area...I'm not):
Living Room - a non-pastel golden yellow, to make the room bright and coordinate with the couch/chair fabric
Dining Room / Kitchen - a sage green, I'm a fan of this color in general
Hall - a neutral beige
Nathan's Room - a lightish denim-y/smokey blue (Erin, you made a very good point, but I think it may be ok with other colors around the room...like red accessories.)
Caroline's Room - butter yellow, I'm trying to find a color here that has a chance of going with whatever she gets when she gets a big girl bed one of these days...so maybe we won't need to paint again
Our Room - blue, a deeper shade than Nathan's but maybe the same color...this is the one that I am most unsure of at the moment
Bathrooms - same as the hall, a neutral beige
Playroom - no paint yet (it's currently old fake wood paneling)
Computer Room - current white wood siding walls stay white, old fake wood paneling to get a deep navy-ish blue or maybe a burgundy-red (Matt really wants a dark color somewhere in the house)
All Trim and Ceilings - some kind of white, I need to see what color is currently in the computer room and see if I like it enough to use in the whole house, otherwise, a warm slightly beige-ish white
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Before you go to HD and kill yourself trying to sort through tons of paint chips, I recommend going to Restoration Hardware or Pottery Barn (a special line of Benjamin Moore paint) and picking up their color selections. True they have much less to choose from, but in some ways it is easier to start that way. We have not always used their paint, but have had sucess having HD match the color from a swatch. (J and L have done this as well.)I have been very pleased with colors I have used from those collections - both in my house and also in my Mom's. I can even give you specific names of the paint colors I liked if you're interested.
Another tip if you're tentative or picky: buy a small sample (for about $3 this option is available at Restoration Hardware and Benjamin Moore)and paint a poster board. Then you can move it around in the room, view it at different times of the day and even compare if you're choosing between various shades. The nice thing about this is that you can move it easily (esp if thinking of same/similar color in more than one room) AND you don't have to mess up your walls if you go in a different direction with your paint color.
I'm sure that it will all be lovely; and if it's not, you can always do it again later.
Unfortunately, we do not have either of those stores around here. I'd have to make a trip to Atlanta. Oh well...I'll have to stick with Home Depot and/or Lowe's.
Well, someone can mail you the paint chips, if you care for them. I have a Benjamin Moore/Pottery Barn paint chip booklet in my purse this instant, and I'm sure I could pick one up for RH this week, too. It's not like we're obsessed with those stores or anything. :-)
I think your plans sound great. I would offer the opinion that bathrooms are the smallest and easiest rooms to paint -- a little effort for a big impact.
Also, Sherwin Williams has samplers of some of their colors.
Those are my thoughts for now.
That would be great! If y'all are in love with them, then that may help me decide on specific colors.
As for the bathrooms...the reason I'm not planning to do anything special in them at the moment is because we plan to do some work in them before too long.
Post a Comment