Thursday, June 21, 2007

what do they see...

As a mom, I often wonder what my kids are seeing, hearing, and learning when they are around me. I see things in Nathan all the time that I know he learned from me and Matt. He says phrases and words that we use. It really makes me think about how important it is for me to think about what I do/say/etc. I want my kids to learn great things from me. I don't want them to pick up my faults. Most importantly, I want them to learn how to be the people that God wants them to be. And I know that their learning starts at home...and is most greatly affected by what they see there. Since I am with them most of the time, I really have to watch myself. I have to continue to grow myself so that I can show them the way they should go. I know this is a little deeper than I usually go, but maybe it's about time. :) Anyway, here is a picture that represents what I'm thinking in a very small way.

4 comments:

Ldani said...

One of the things that scares me the most about having kids is teaching them how to be good people. It's just so big.

Elizabeth said...

It helps us be better people, too. Well, it reminds us that we should be seeking help from God to make us better people. It is comforting to acknowledge that we can't do it ourselves.

Elizabeth said...

How did the closing go? I only remembered in time for a retroactive prayer yesterday (are there such things?) Good luck painting today!

JM said...

It went just fine. No surprises. Mama and I started painting last night. We should finish up the ceilings this morning and get started on the trim. We hope to get a lot of it done today.