Sunday, March 15, 2009

an update from the hospital

I will take some time after we get home to write in length about the experiences of the last two days, but for now, I thought I would just give a quick update. Things are going pretty well. I didn't get much sleep last night for various reasons (I tried...really), but I've been holding up ok today. I've been in a good bit of pain...that's to be expected. I've been getting up and walking down the hall. My food has been pretty good - once I started getting "real" food. Honestly, though, I'll just be really glad to get home. I will be so much more comfortable! I'm sure I will sleep better. I just hope that they'll send me home with plenty of good pain meds!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Tomorrow will hopefully be much better. I was glad to be in the hospital b/c of the handy dandy bed, but I was ready to go home by my last day. The pain definitely became more manageable for me on day 3 than day 2. I remember on day 2 calling the nurses' station & reminding them it was time for my next dose. Oh, the other thing I liked about the hospital was sitting down in the shower. Is everything with baby Sara going well?
My tip for when you get home is keeping a written record of your meds. I was keeping tabs on baby stuff, too, since it was our first, so it was too hard to remember if I had bf the baby at 2 and taken my meds at 3 or what!
I hope you keep feeling improvement & are able to sleep tonight. Another thing about sleep -- the night after my c-section I didn't sleep as much because I had "slept" so much during the day -- sleeping off the anesthesia. So, on the night of day 2 I did MUCH better with sleeping at night. Use your bed to its fullest extent & find some good positions for you -- ask for more pillows, too! Oh, and get your own gown. I think that made me feel more human. A nightgown & a shower. :-) I'm praying for you!